Thursday, January 30, 2014

EASY Banana Walnut Bread Recipe


Probably one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, and definitely one of the tastiest. A friend of mine passed this recipe down to me, and now I {and everyone else} in my family has been hooked. Now, the great thing is that even if you don't like walnuts---you don't have to add them. If you want to add a different fruit? That works! This recipe is one of those that you can just start throwing stuff in and it would taste great regardless. Even chocolate chips.

Ha.

Okay, but really, I did not mean to be one of those people that starts to write a novel for a recipe. I love that people have stories behind the recipes that they make and all, but I'm just not one of those people. All I care about is that it tastes good, scratch that, phenomenal.

This. This recipe is that good.

But as my husband likes to say.... it's better to say "it's okay" rather than it's great. Because then you are pleasantly surprises.

So...

It's okay.

Ingredients

1 stick of unsalted butter {or 1/2 cup as they like to say}, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups of bananas mashed {about 5 bananas on average---but do measure}
2 eggs, beaten

Directions

1. Mix your flour, baking soda, and salt together in one bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix your melted butter and brown sugar. Add in the beaten eggs, and then mix in the bananas. Throw in walnuts {or any nut that you prefer} at this time.
3. Now add the wet mixture to the dry {flour, baking soda, and salt}. Only stir to mix in the dry, and be sure to stop once it is mixed in. Over stirring may cause the bread to become too hard in the oven.
4. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes. Take out of oven, let sit for 10 minutes, then serve!


As easy as pie.
Except it's bread.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I've been reading your blog forever! I love your writing and just thought I'd finally introduce myself. I'm a SAHM to our 14mo. old Ava. Hope you'll stop by and follow along with our little family in south FL.
    All the best,
    Christina

    The McGuire Family

    MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds delicious - yup!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye