Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Toddler Must Haves

Remember when I wrote my "baby must have" list and then said that it would be part 1 of 3 sections where I include also a "toddler must have" list and a "diaper bag must have" list. Remember that? Of course not Becky, that was about 5 years ago!

Just about.

So anyways, I decided not to name this a "Must have list" after everyone went ape {shat} on me for saying it's a must have list for new moms. Not what I meant, but you know... people take things literally, and that was my fault for not explaining.

So yes, this is a large product list of products that we personally love, but by no means does it mean that you have to have all this. You can call us product junkies... but hey, if it makes my life easier and I can get a good deal on it... then put it in the cart!They are all from amazon, and there is a link provided with each product, however, you certainly do not have to buy the product from there as you can often times find it elsewhere. The thing I love about Amazon though is the free shipping on orders $25 or more, and no taxes. 


1. Sunscreen. Unless you live in Russia {please get the joke here}, then you will most likely be using sunscreen on your toddler at some point or another. After checking out the EWG website for chemicals, I found this one to be the best one for my little ones!
California Baby Face & Body Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30+, Summer Blend, 2.9 oz

2. Non-toxic organic powder. Again, when I need something to keep those hineys dry, I want to use the least amount of chemicals as possible. It took me a couple years to track this sucker down, but we love it. And it smells great!
California Baby Non-Talc Powder, Canister - Calming, 2.5-Ounce

3. Baby shampoo: Again, this had the best rating as far as chemicals go, and we love the smell. I have even used it on myself as well.
California Baby Shampoo & Body Wash - Calming, 17.5 oz

4. Baby shampoo/body wash: We use this as well simply because of the foam and it is great for traveling with! I know you are wondering why that would matter... but we often times use this for the dirty diapers while out and about and having the foam just makes it easier.
Yes To Baby Carrots Shampoo/Body Wash, 10-Fluid Ounce

5. Paint. We love doing crafts in our house and one thing that my daughter really enjoys is painting. We get the big easle paper off amazon and then this paint. I have to say, we used to buy that paint that comes in the little round shaped container with those thin brushes that barely showed up on my paper... you know what I'm talking about... that was the worst. What I love about this paint is that it is thick and you can actually paint a pretty picture with it.
Crayola Washable Kids Paint set of 10 Bottles (2 fl oz/59mL)

6. Melissa & Doug Crayons. I know my crayons.. pshhh we have gone through hundreds. And nothing, and I mean NOTHING compares to the M&D ones. They're cheap and they will last you FOREVER. With all kids. No risk of breaking and the baby choking on them. Easy for the little hands to hold. And are solid.
Melissa & Doug Jumbo Triangular Crayons

7. Dot markers. THE BEST. Will keep your toddler busy for days.
Do A Dot Art Marker Rainbow 6-pack

8. Paint brushes. I mentioned above my despise for those thin measly brushes that are often sold in paint kits.. but these my friends are straight amazing. Great to hold, and great for larger projects... like an abstract painting by a 2 year old.
Melissa & Doug Jumbo Paint Brushes (set of 4)

9. Magnets. We have about 200+ magnets in our house of animals, everyday objects, fruits and vegetables, shapes, and so forth. Such a great learning tool for those inquisitive minds.
toddler magnets

10.  Sticker book. LEARNING sticker book. What little kid doesn't love stickers? The thing I love most about these books is the fact that it is interactive and allows the parent to teach the child their animals, numbers, letters, and so forth. There are I believe 5 books in these series, and with them being so cheap, it's a great thing to have!
sticker books

11. Smock. If you like to do crafts at home with the kids, this smock is a must have!
Melissa & Doug Artist's Smock

12. Early learning flashcards. A great set to have and really teaches them the basics.
Brighter Child Early Learning

13. My first words. I started both my kids off on these flashcards when they turned 6 months old. They are so so great and I tell every person out there I can about them. They are LARGE, solid {hard quality} that makes them durable and better yet, the kids can touch and feel the different images {like the hair on the horse}. They are GREAT!
my first touch and feel

14. Tiny diner placemat. Basically the best thing EVER invented in the feeding of toddlers world. It has those bad boy suckers on the bottom and sticks to the table like glue so you don't have a big {as big of a} mess to clean up.
tiny diner

15. Oxo spoon/fork set. The best quality out there. We bought 6 sets. And plan on getting more.
OXO Tot Fork and Spoon Set, Aqua

16. Snack cup. SPILL PROOF. I mean really. They can drop it on the ground out in public and no worries, snacks still safe and you won't have an epic meltdown. Believe me. Been there.
Munchkin Two Snack Catchers, Colors May Vary

17. Amazing snack cup. Because I like to try different products, this one is equally as awesome.
OXO Tot Flippy Cup, Aqua

18. Bowls. Spill proof bowls. Suction to the table. Do you notice a trend yet?
toddler spill proof bowls

19. Cups. Cheap and do the trick. Because they are so cheap, they are also great to have around for paint projects and other crafts.
toddler colorful cups

20. Face/hand wipes. We use this for everything, and I mean everything. Great to have when you are out and about, in the car, and one in the diaper bag. They always come in handy for all those little grubby hands.
Yes To Baby Carrots Face and Nose Wipes, 30 Count (Pack of 2)

21. The best reward chart EVER {reward/chore chart}. It's magnetic guys. It's interactive. It's pretty much awesome.
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magnetic Responsibility Chart.

22. Helmet. We don't have this exact pattern, but similar. A helmet is a must and if I had named this list a "must have" list, a helmet would definitely be at the top of it.
schwinn helmet

23. Hand sanitizer. I need not explain that one.
BabyGanics Alchohol Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer, Fragrance Free, 

24. Hand sanitizer on the go. Even more important than the one before this, because you need it more often when you are out and about then when you are at home. Again, I keep one in my diaper bag, in the car, and on my stroller.
BabyGanics Alchohol Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer On-the-Go

25. Bath ABC soup. This is what taught E the ABCs, and their sounds. We did this continuously every night and the great part is that she enjoyed it! That's key.
Munchkin Bath Letters and Numbers

26. Our favorite CD. Out of all the toddler CDs, Elliana loves this one the most. There are 23 sounds, very popular ones, and my favorite part is that there are little kids singing some songs. It's super cute.
Toddler Favorites

27. Squeker shoes. We have owned I think 5 pairs already. Again, if I could recommend a product to a mom out there, I would 100% pick this as one of the more important ones. You will ALWAYS know where your child is at all times.
squeaker shoes

28. Picture growth chart. Look, out of the 10 billion growth charts out there, this is by far the most clever and memorable. You get to place a picture in the slots as your child grows. Seriously? Why didn't I think of that!
Photo Holder Growth Chart - 4x6 Annual Picture Display



Other products we love:



1. Step stool


2. Corner Covers

3. Door Knob covers

4. Baby Bjorn spill proof bibs

5. The best wagon to grace this Earth.

6. Boba Carrier {life saver}



****

9 comments:

  1. We're product junkies over here too...and we're just starting out :) love all the babyganics and California baby products. Do you use any of their cleaning supplies? Definitely adding some of these to our Amazon wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list I keep trying to find different actives for my like man to do 15 months is a hard time too keep him entertained he's gets bored fast & is always on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list!!! I need to get some of those dot markers, my little guys loves those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to put it together... I'm bookmarking it for 2 years from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list! I will def be getting many things from it, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I wish those snack cups worked for my son because they are great as far as tipping and dropping, etc. But my boy of course figured out how to hold it open and dump it out. Lol oh well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my already programmed and blank ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $340,000 MONTHLY for a maximum of 12 MONTHS. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $280,000 already. (martinshackers22@gmail.com) is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. Get yours from MR PEDRO today! Just send an email to (martinshackers22@gmail.com)....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vey nice article and it has lots of information and proper way of explaining the content .Learn more aboutpower bi training and many more informative courses inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is full of informative and knowledgeable courses to know more get into Digital Marketing Course and and expand your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye